NREN Name, country and dish location
Turkmen Research Educational Network Association TuRENA, Turkmenistan
Supreme Council of Science and Technology under the President of Turkmenistan,
15 Bitarap Turkmenistan street,
Ashgabat, Turkmenistan 744000
At present time following institute are included to the VSH System:
- Supreme Council on Science and Technology under the President of Turkmenistan.
- Scientific Research Geological Exploring Institute.
- Scientific Institute of Deserts, Flora and Fauna.
- Scientific Research Institute of Seismology of Ministry of construction and industry of construction materials of Turkmenistan.
- Institute of History under the Cabinet of Ministries of Turkmenistan.
- National Institute of Manuscript named after Turkmenbashi.
- Scientific-Clinical Center of Oncology.
- Scientific-Production Association "Gun" of the Supreme Council of Science and Technology.
- Hospital with Scientific-Clinical Center of Cardiology.
- National Institute of World Languages named after D. Azadi (partly equipped from Tacis-Tempus Project budget).
- Turkmen Agricultural University named after S. A Niyazov (communication equipment purchased from Tacis-Tempus Project budget).
- Scientific-Clinical Center of Eye Disease named after S. Karanov.
- Science Clinic Center of mother and child named Gurbansoltan Eje.
Higher education organizations
- Turkmen State University named after Magtymguly.
- Turkmen State Medical Institute.
- Turkmen Polytechnic Institute.
- Turkmen State Institute of Transport and Communication.
- Turkmen Institute of National Economy (equipment purchased from Tacis-Tempus Project budget).
- State Arts Academy
- National Institute of Tourism and Sport of Turkmenistan
- Institute of Oil and Gas.
- Oil-field department of Turkmen Polytechnic Institute, Balkanabat city
- Medical college, Dashoguz city
- Turkmen National Pedagogic Institute named after S. Seidi, located in Turkmenabat (partly equipped from Tacis-Tempus Project budget).
- State Power-Engineering Institute of Turkmenistan, located in Mary (equipped from Tempus and OSCE budget).
Schools and other educational centers connected to TuRENA network
- Ashgabat city — Schools #16, 18 19,20 27, 34, 50, 52, 53,64
- Mary city — Schools #1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 15, 18, 19, 20, 23
- Centers in Ashgabat, Mary, Turkmenabat
About 10500-12000 of individual users in Turkmenistan, depending from student time scheduling.
Current west to east CIR
Silk channel: Download - 13Mbps // Upload ľ 3Mbps.
Current operational status
While problems are not present.