Institute of Language and Literature named after Magtymguly
Institute of Language and Literature named after Magtymguly of the Academy of Sciences of Turkmenistan.
15 Bitarap Turkmenistan Avenue, Ashgabat, 744000
There are seven scientific departments and a phonetic laboratory at the institute of Language and the Literature named after Magtymguly.
1. The department of modern Turkmen language.
The phonetic laboratory.
2. The department of Lexicology, Terminology and culture of language.
3. The department of history of Turkmen language and dialectology.
4. The department of modern Turkmen literature.
5. The department of theory of literature and literary relations.
6. The department of Magtymguly studies and literary heritage.
7. The department of folklore.
The following works are undertaken at the scientific departments and phonetic laboratory of the institute:
The department of modern Turkmen language deals with the profound and comprehensive study of the important problems of phonetics and grammar. The use of different grammar patterns, the ways of word formation, issues connected with meaning, structure and usage peculiarities of different speech parts of Turkmen language are studied at the department as well. The phonetic laboratory operating as a part of modern Turkmen language department studies the pronunciation of vowels and consonants, accent patterns and intonation structure of speech. The scientific analyses are carried out on the modern equipment acquired thanks to the esteemed President of Turkmenistan. It carries out the comparative analysis of sound structure in Turkmen language with other languages on a scientifically-practical basis.
The department of Lexicology, Terminology and culture of language is engaged in studying the peculiarities of meaning and wording, terms, their semantic parties, issuing the explanatory dictionary, bilingual dictionaries, conversational, terminological, orthoepical, orthographical and phraseological dictionaries. Moreover, it is studying the problems of language normalization engaging in problems of literary pronunciation, and usage of the words, and deals with the improvement of grammatical stylistic norms of Turkmen language.
The department of history of Turkmen language and dialectology studies ancient sources, concerning history of formation and development of Turkmen language. The interaction of the Turkmen language history to the language of other nations are researched on a scientifical basis. Dialects are learned in combination with written sources.
The department of modern Turkmen literature studies the whole literary period of the XX century, an epoch of independence and Renaissance in all its displays and aspects. Analyzing scientific problems, describing different directions of literature in the epoch of Independence, the department reveals its original specifications. It deals with the problems relating to the literary creation of the period of the Prosperous epoch of the powerful state.
The department of theory of literature and literary relations deals with developments of literary theoretical thoughts, the main peculiarities of art literature, the unity of contents and forms, forms of art images, composition plot and language, heroes language, writers style, basis of versification and development of art process. It analyses art works and reveals the typical peculiarities of literary correlation.
The department of Magtymguly studies and literary heritage studies centuries old Turkmen literature, defines a role and a place of the poets living before the XX century, their contribution to the development of Turkmen literature. In the work of the department a special attention is given to the detailed study of Magtymgulys creative work to his biography and to preparation of the academic texts of Turkmen classic poets.
The department of folklore deals with the collection, analysis, and the classification of verbal national creative works. It studies folklore works from the view of their birth and development according to years scientifically. It is engaged in preparation of different types of folklore for publication and available for people.
Carrying out the fundamental research works on linguistics and literary analysis, being guided by the program of the President of Turkmenistan for the years
In 2016 135 articles were published in scientific journals and daily newspapers by the scientific specialists of the institute. Under the personal guidance and support of the esteemed President of Turkmenistan «Explanatory dictionary of Turkmen» in two volumes and «Orthographic dictionary of Turkmen» were compiled by the linguist-lexicologists of the institute of language and literature named after Magtymguly in the year of Respecting heritage and transformation of motherland which were published and brought to large public with chief editorials of our esteemed President.
Number of publications between the years
1. «Türkmen diliniň zergärçilik leksikasy» «Jewellary lexis of Turkmen» (Kyyasova Gyzylgul, Ashgabat, Ylym, 2011.).
2. «Türkmen poeziýasynyň milli aýratynlyklary» «National specifications of Turkmen poetry» (Gurbanova Shirin, Ashgabat, Ylym, 2011.).
3. «Türkmen dilinde söz basymy» «Word stress in Turkmen» (Nurmuhammedov Amanmuhammet, Ashgabat, Ylym, 2012.).
4. «Türkmen diliniň stilistikasy» «Stylistics of Turkmen» (Nepesov Gylych, Ashgabat, Ylym, 2012.).
5. «Ahmet Bekmyradowyň ylmy mirasy» «Scientific heritage of Ahmet Bekmyradov» (Atdayeva (Ersaryyeva) Maral, Ashgabat, Ylym, 2012.).
6. «Türkmen dilinde sözüň singarmonizm hadysasy» «Synhormonism process of words in Turkmen» (Nurmuhammedov Amanmuhammet, Ashgabat, Ylym, 2013.).
7. «Magtymgulynyň çeper dili» «Fictional language of Magtymguly» (Nepesov Gylych, Ashgabat, Ylym, 2014.).
8. «Magtymgulynyň şygyrlarynda adalgalar» «Terminology in the poems of Magtymguly» (Gummanova Guljemal, Ashgabat, Ylym, 2014.).
9. «Pyragynyň paýhas ummany» «Ocean of wisdom of Pyragy» (Collection of Articles, Ashgabat, Ylym, 2014.).
10. «Magtymguly. Şygyrlar ýygyndysy» «Magtymguly collection of poems» (In Chinese language, Shinjiang State University, Publication Centre, 2014).
11. «Махтумкули. Избранные стихотворения» «Magtymguly selected poems» (In Russian language, Ashgabat, Ylym, 2014.).
12. «Türkmen diliniň düşündirişli sözlügi». «Explanatory dictionary of Turkmen» I, II volumes with chief editorials of esteemed President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov. Ashgabat, Turkmen State Publication Service 2016, 50 000 words. Compilers: G.Kyyasova, A.Geldimyradov, H.Durdyyev.
13. «Türkmen diliniň orfografik sözlügi». «Orthographic dictionary of Turkmen» with chief editorials of esteemed President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov. Ashgabat, Turkmen State Publication Service 2016, 110 000 words. Compilers: G.Kyyasova, A.Geldimyradov, H.Durdyyev.
Scientific specialists, PhD students, and young scholars of the institute actively participated at the international conferences:
4 scientific experts, PhD students of the institute presented their papers at the VIII international conference on «Turkmen horse and the world art of breeding horses» held
An PhD students of the institute participated and presented a paper at the international conference on «Tourism and trip» held at the «Awaza» national touristic zone held between
7 scientific experts, PhD students of the institute presented their papers at the international conference on «The role of Gorogly epos in world culture» held between 2nd −3rd November 2016;
23 scientific experts, PhD students and candidates of the institute presented their papers at the international conference on «Science, technology and innovation technologies in epoch Happiness of the Powerful State» held between 12th −13th June 2016.
2016 In the year of Respecting Heritage, Transformation of Motherland actively participated at the events organised in the international level:
1. In 2016 on April 24th to 27th the director of the institute of Language and literature named after Magtymguly, candidate of philology G.H.Kyyasova attended the events and presented a paper at the scientific conference dedicated to 130th birth anniversary of classic of Tatar literature Gabdulla Tukay in Kazan city of Tatar Republic of Russian Federation;
2. In 2016 on June 18th to 28th the director of the institute of Language and literature named after Magtymguly, candidate of philology G.H.Kyyasova attended the events and presented a paper at the scientific conference on «Cultural heritage of the Central Asian countries» held in Tokyo, Japan;
3. In 2016 from September 28th to October 1st the director of the institute of Language and literature named after Magtymguly, candidate of philology G.H.Kyyasova participated at the V Baku International Humanities Forum and attended events related to it in Baku, Azerbaijan.
In 2014 Magtymguly Pyragys poems were translated into Chinese by Turkmen scholars and were prepared for publication by Shinjiang University of China after editing on the occasion of 290th Anniversary of great scholar, exemplary poet of Turkmen Magtymguly Pyragy. Magtymguly Pyragys collection of poems in Chinese was published by Shinjiang University of China as a symbol of Turkmen Chinese friendship.
Institute of Language and literature named after Magtymguly keeps continues partnership with the University of Washington. On 11th of June 2016, Professor Richard Wright, Head of the Phonetics Lab of the University of Washington was at the institute. He had an exchange of opinions with linguist scholars on phonetic researches. Professor Richard Wright highly appreciated the equipment of phonetics laboratory obtained by our esteemed President for the institute. Foreign guest has informed that it is possible to carry out investigation and reach accurate scientific data using new equipment. Later, Professor Richard Wright conducted seminar on the practice of «Computational Linguistics» and its problems with linguist scholars. Many of the linguist scholars, PhD students of the institute and lecturers, professors of the higher educational establishments of Turkmenistan attended to the seminar. Turkmen linguist scholars had exchanged their opinions with guest scholar on Computational Linguistics one of the important issues of linguistics and the ways of developing it in the age of science and technology. As a result, he showed that it is possible to compare our national language with other languages at the world standard phonetic laboratory and there is possibility to exchange experience with other foreign scholars in this field.
On 11th of June 2016, meeting was organised with the vice-president of National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan, Academic Gabibbeyli Isa Akper ogly. There were discussions on the history, present and the future of Turkmen Azeri scientific relations, bilateral scientific partnerships and the ways of enlarging these relations.
|e-mail: email@example.com © 2003-2019, Academy Of Sciences of Turkmenistan.|